Moss Vale Community Garden is a place where the community can gather to grow and share healthy food whilst developing supportive friendships.
Its activities are guided by the principles of permaculture. It networks with community groups and members promote learning, tolerance and mutual respect.
It is a place where the natural environment is respected and revered, promoting biodiversity in both native ecosystems and heritage food crops.
- Welcoming and encouraging people of all skills and abilities
- Productive permaculture kitchen garden
- Self reliant in healthy vegetables and fruit
- Surplus produce and products offered for sale to the local community promoting Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Learning centre for permaculture and transition town strategies
- Partnerships with local businesses, Wingecarribee Shire Council and other sustainability bodies
- Promoting resilient communities
- Largely financially independent
- Workshops and activities that promote self-reliance in backyard food production