Just a reminder to our members and friends that the Moss Vale Community Garden will be open this Sunday (December 2nd) from 10.00 am to 1.00pm.
A little bit of rain won’t deter us!
There will be
- a demonstration on worm farming techniques,
- a mini talk on Eco wrap uses,
- and methods used to make them at home.
We will also be doing some transplanting into our gardens and possibly some pricking out of seedlings into punnets.
If we get time and the weather is kind, we may build a compost bay from pallets!!
If you want to know what on earth is a bokashi kit, then come down to the gardens and find out.
Seedlings, plants, jams and beeswax ecowraps will be available to purchase on the day.
All welcome! 😃
Moss Vale Community Garden are open to all on on the first Sunday of the month.
From 4th November 2018 onward…10am till 1pm
19 Railway Street, Moss Vale (Next to public tennis courts)
Activities you can get involved in include:
- Organic food gardening
- Seed raising
- Worm farming
- Plant propagation
- Sharing the harvest
- Socializing, etc
For more detailed information, contact us at:
Or….Check us out on Facebook
Or…Read the event flyer here.
However you find out, we’d love for you to join us on the first Sunday of every month.
Moss Vale Community Garden invites you to our……
Spring Equinox Open Day
10.00am till 2.00pm
Sunday 23rd September 2018
Talks – from 10.30am:
- Create a Native Bee & Pollinator Haven in your Garden
- How to Set up a Worm Farm
Join us for lunch – please make a donation
Flyer here: Flyer Spring Equinox Day 2018
Skilled craftyperson extraordinaire, Debra Keyes, will be facilitating a hands-on & fun workshop in rustic tension tray basket making .
When: 10.00am – 2.30pm
Saturday 25th August 2018
Cost: $40 for the day (discount for members)
Basket-making materials provided.
(Feel free to bring along any extra materials)
Lunch: Lunch & morning tea provided
Numbers limited to 12. Please book by return email.
Payment by cash, cheque or electronic transfer required by 15th August.
Flyer here: Basket making Aug2018.
In conjunction with the Wingecarribee Shire council, Moss Vale Community Garden is hosting a lunch and workshop to help celebrate Plastic Free July.
8th July 2018, 10am to 1.15 pm @ Moss vale Community Garden.
- Learn how to get a thriving veggie garden and how to reuse plastic in the garden.
- Discover the journey of plastics from start to finish.
- Enjoy a delicious lunch with produce straight from the garden.
- Develop practical solutions for your community to reduce their reliance on single use plastics.
- Take home resources.
- Bees wax wraps and mesh produce bags available for purchase, made by MVCG volunteers.
** Bookings are essential. They must be made through the council website here: Wingecarribee Shire Council.
Flyer here: Flyer for publicity Plastic Free – July.
See, there is such a thing as a free lunch! We’d love to share it with you.